Friday, December 26, 2008
We had a blast this Holiday season and so much fun to enjoy it with Emolyn who is nearly a professional crawler! Weighing in at 13 lbs 10 oz she is pulling herself up and sticking everything in her mouth. To my dismay she also says "Da Da" on a regular basis. She has been [playing with all of her new toys in her play pin where she cant get into anything dangerous as she is now quite the mover. She is also getting good at screaming really loud when we take something away from her. What happened to my passive little angel? I will fill you in more on what Christmas looked like for our family but here was just a taste!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I know you are thinking "Is something wrong with Nicole?" since I have been silent for so long. But not to worry. Life and working and the Holidays has just got me a little bit more busy than usual. But let me sum up how totally much fun we have been having and what amazing things my exceptional daughter is doing!
1. I got a hair cut. Hated it at first now it is growing on me. I donated my hair so that was fun but the guy was kind of a jerk who gave me my free haircut and I have seen him before and he is super good but maybe he was in a bad mood, it could be because he has gained like 50 lbs sine I saw him in march! Anyhow, he pretty much said I wasn't cool enough for a cool haircut and gave me a bob which I didn't want and then I said "well its pretty round, like I have a helmet on" and he said "well it is a bob!" Uh duh, thats not what I wanted. And then he blow dried it all forward and it was very flock of seagulls. And then I said it didn't really like the front and he said "maybe you want bangs" and boom, just cut bangs. no conversation just snip snip. And the bangs are very julia roberts as tinkerbell. hideous. But it is looking better, thanks God. And I did not shed any tears, although I thought about it. And i have been getting a very good reception about it at work which is nice.
2. We have been doing advent as a family every sunday night,. ANd it has been really fun. our womens group at church had this lady come and kind of teach a way to do advent with kids that really makes the holidays fun and we are enjoying it.
3. Shawn and I went to disneyland! And we got season passes! so if you want us to come with you we will! We went with the college group and it was a blast check Mirandas blog and facebook for more photos. The new toy story ride was awesome here is us being excited about it.
4. Emolyn got her ears pierced and saw santa in the same day! Hopefully the "diamond" studs will keep away the "how old is your little boy" questions. I think they are adorable and she really did quite well. She loved Santa and his real beard! The smiled at each other and they really had a connection. It was hard to get her to look at the camera for the $20 picture. wow.
5. emolyn is crawling and pulling her self up and standing well and being generally cute. She is still sleeping well through the night. No words yet but she does say "ba ba" which I think means bottle, which means milk and I am the giver of milk so essential "ba ba" means mom.
6. We have completed several Christmas traditions and we have more coming up so stay tuned. We are doing Emolyns first Christmas so we are very excited about that. She crawls to the presents under the tree and tries to open them. I keep trying to tell her to stop being so greedy she will have plenty of presents on christmas eve and christmas.
7. To all those who did not get a christmas card I am sorry we decided to cut back this year and I didn't realize how many people we had to cut! I was pretty bummed. So family all got one and that was kinda all. But we used the awesome photos from Kelsie so if you saw the previous post you didn't miss out.
8. We got a new chair from my grandparents. A super comfy lazyboy rocker. It is so nice to be able to rock emolyn to sleep, we didn't have a rocker before!
9. Happy Holidays!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Well she has done it again. Kelsie from Pinkerton Photography has beautifully captured Emolyn and our family. Expect one of her creations on a Christmas card this year! Until then enjoy our little beauty and her many expressions!
Check out the cool purple jogging suit from Aunt Stacey
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Sorry I have not blogged in many moons. The holidays are always a busy time in our house and with working full time it doesn't slow down. Here are a few quick things we are looking forward to:
Disneyland-we leave this friday!
The famous Try Christmas Party where we all dress up like Christmas Family Vacation
Emolyns first Christmas!
My super fun friends Jana and her husband bringing their little Delaney to town, can't wait to meet her, she and Emolyn are only 1 week apart!
Christmas Eve service, it always gets me ready for the big day.
Thompson family tree decorating, I think it might be my year to put the star on, but I may just be hoping!
And many more...
Heres to hoping I post more soon and that the Holidays dont pass me by. Check out Lindas blog for Thanksgiving photos!