Thursday, April 12, 2012

My sweet #2

Yesterday I got the special treat of spending the afternoon and evening with Elsie (now 18 months old)while Emolyn was at Mimis (http://lindathompson.blogspot.com/)- Thank you Mimi! I rarely get to spend tim with just Elsie and we had a blast! She is very different than Emolyn and in such fun ways. She plays very independently but is also very cuddly. She loves to sleep and she loves to eat. She has a super loud voice, maybe to be heard over her sisters constant chatter. She is very expressiver, which Emolyn was too, but Elsie seems to know when she is getting a reaction from the crowd and really knows how to work it. She loves t sing and dance. Her favorite show is "Yo Gaba Gaba" which she calls, or yells "Yeah yeah Yo", pretty much anytime the tv is turned on. She likes to use sign language but almost always will say the word while she signs it. Mostly she asks for "cookie" and "candy", awesome. She starts screaming "mama" or just screaming when I get home because she is so excited. She definitely wears her emotions on her sleeve. The way she says "Oh no!" is so adorable! When you ask her what her name is she says "Daddy" and when you remind her her name is Elsie she say "EL-sie". Every time she sees my mom she says "Papa?" Looking for Papa John.
She likes to read books and carry purses and put on shoes. She sleeps with an Elmo doll and tells you to turn off her humidifier when you get her out of bed in the morning. She has never tried to climb out of her crib but she does love to take off her clothes when she is in there. And if she says "Nigh nigh" to you and you don't say it back she will yell it at you until you do. She has excellent manners always asking please and saying thank you and will often say sorry to Emolyn when Emolyn was the offender. Thanks for letting me ramble about my baby girl but I feel like I have already missed capturing her spirit at this age. I know I got a lot written down about Emolyn but Elsie's babyhood seems to have flown by. And with the impending arrival of these boys (hopefully sonner than later) I'm so worried my little lamb will get forgotten or passed by. Stuck in between a big sister with a big personality and twin brothers. I am getting pretty confident that she can hold her own and I was reminded by my sweet friend Sarah that Elsie Lane does have a unique role in our family as the baby girl. I love you Elsie Lane, and she would respond in only syllables "ah ah ah".

2 comments:

linda t said...

Ok, I'm a blubbering mess now. What a sweet post about your special little baby girl. I will always have a tender place in my heart for middle-children, as I am one myself... so you can be sure I will delight watching her personality blossom in these next years.

Miranda said...

I long ago claimed Elsie as my dearest niece. I thought it was cause she was a second born... little did I know she was really a middle child in the making. I love her so much and she will always be special to me!