Monday, January 10, 2011

Goodbye Christmas

As with every year this Christmas had a huge build up and an abrupt stop. I have decided I will start decorating earlier so we get to enjoy all the holiday stuff for longer. All that to be said we did have an awesome Christmas. Elsie was a dream sitting in Aunt Miranda's lap for all of present opening at the Thompsons and napping through present opening at the Ellis-Rhodes. And Emolyn enjoyed every minute all all things holiday. She loved cookie decorating and seeing christmas lights and was so thankful for all of her gifts. Santa got her some light up Sketchers which were and still are a huge hit. Shawn did an awesome gift giving job this year which I have to point out since it is such a challenge for him. He had a mothers necklace made for me with the girls names. I will include a photo next time. I also got some new trees for my collection. Here is what it looked like at the end of the season. I need a bigger place to display them for next year.
We have been enjoying the cooler weather, you know 60 degrees :) We were a scarf family for our trip out to the Mozingos compound this last saturday.



ANd Elsie is getting huge! She has these great thunder thighs! She is rolling over and cooing and trying so hard to laugh! She loves to talk and watch tv :) She is becoming so laid back, liking to hang out and watch whats going on around her. she slept all night in Emolyn's room last night! Its officially the girls room now! Elsie wore an outfit the other day that Emolyn wore in this 9 month old photo shoot! Remember how tiny she was!
I just love being at home with these sweet girls. I am so thankful for Shawns job at Tiny Prints so I can be a momma at home. Even if Emolyn did say this morning she wants to go live with cousin Nate in New York :)
Here are just a few shots from Christmas time that you might enjoy

Such a performer

Now you see where she gets it...



Sisters

We love Papa John, yes like the pizza 

Photo by Emolyn, mostly you contort your body to fit into where she is pointing the camera
Hope you had as fantastic a holiday season as we did. We plan on visiting the zoo soon and me trying to finish the advent calendar I started making. I made a ton of holiday treats this year for "Edible Christmas". In an attempt at forward thinking I decided to make our christmas gifts so I wouldnt have to leave the house to shop with a newborn. Well I dont know if it kept me in the house more but it was totally fun. I made 3 kinds of beef jerky, peach jam, apple butter, coconut macaroons, raspberry and almond truffles with sprinkles (Emolyns contribution), I dried apples pears and bananas, a kumquat cinnamon and clove syrup for tea, hot fudge, caramel sauce (which is so great in coffee), cinnamon apple sauce, pickled red onions, flavored butters (italian herb, basil, blue cheese, and lemon garlic) and banana nut bread. Maybe we can draw names next year :)

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Such a precious family. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing, Nicole.

linda t said...

You forgot to mention your awesome blue cheese butter... and basil butter! YUM!

Miranda said...

I love the idea of drawing names!!! LET'S DO IT!
Your edible Christmas was amazing! I realized I still had a ton left and plan on taking it to work this week and next as a snack during training.

You are an amazing mom! I don't think I tell you that enough, but I admire you so much and how you make life so fun for your little girls!