Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eating is messy business

Emolyn has started eating fruits and veggies and she does not really care for the fruit. She puckers her face and she seems to think everything is tart. She does like veggies though so I thought I would give you a couple of clips of what our snack time looks like. I strip her down for less clean up and she proceeds to smile and let all the food fall out, to talk and spit food and to move her head back and forth to rub food all over her chest.  Oh and the drooling certainly hasn't slowed down. But she has started opening her mouth for the spoon and grabbing for the spoon. What a big girl.

She loves her "play area" as we like to call it. We got a new blanket from Aunt Carol that has that crunchy stuff under the tree and she has learned to roll from her back to her belly to chew on it.
And thank God for Aunt Marianne. Who else would keep Emolyn so well dressed? We got more adorable dresses and sweaters from her last week. She wore the white dress on Sunday and she was the cutest girl there! Oh and you haven't seen the cutest thing yet. This super girly denim jacket. I can't wait until it fits!
Thanks Aunts for all the awesome gifts!

4 comments:

linda t said...

I clicked the first pic to enlarge and then I completely melted!! Oh those eyes! And her precious pursed lips! She is sooo beautiful!

linda t said...

Oh and I want a jean jacket just like that!
That would look so cute on me... in my size of course.
You have the best Aunts!

Kristen said...

yum! We need to see her soon!!

linda t said...

I printed out two prints of the top pic... made them 5'7 size. SOOO cute! Can't wait to show my family.
I also made an album of prints from my last Snapfish order to take with us.