Thursday, September 4, 2008

late night babbling

So, I am at work, and I am bored. Night shift is significantly slower, not that I want to be super busy but it sure does help the time pass.
I have decided (and Shawn has been talking a lot about it) I want to go on vacation. Hopefully a quick weekend getaway to Prescott for my birthday will help abate that desire. Of course I don't know if that is going to work yet or not but keep your fingers crossed. It will be our first night with Emolyn away from us both since her long vacation in the hospital. I have been remembering that a lot lately. It was one of those times that in the season it feels like its taking forever and when its done it went so fast. It just helps me keep in perspective how hard times are not forever, and sad seasons will pass. And we are so lucky to have such a happy healthy little girl.
While trying to get my scrapbook stuff organized I have been looking at pictures and she looks so different, I forget how truly tiny she was and that she is my little miracle baby. Now she is acting like such a big girl babbling all the time. She has taken to doing this shrill scream for fun, its pretty funny. Shawn got it on video, hopefully I can post it soon. Awaiting the purchase of the cord to connect the video camera to the computer.
This whole stay at home dad thing is going pretty well. I love spending time with Shawn and Emolyn as a family. I do need to stop expecting so much from Shawn while he is at home, but otherwise its awesome to have 4 days together. He does so good keeping Emolyn quiet so I can sleep when I work nights and he is so willing to do anything she needs. Have you ever heard of a better dad?
Got a call from the costco/mall insurance people about my "claim". They recorded my statement and the guy was so cool. When the recording was done he said "I just want to say I am really sorry for you. I have a 1 year old little girl and I can't imagine how scary that must have been". What a nice guy! So he said I should hear soon about whats gonna happen. Wish me luck$$$$$

2 comments:

Skerrib said...

What a kind thing for the Costco insurance guy to say!

Yay for you & Shawn hashing out work & baby care in the way that works best for your little family. You are both fantastic parents. Bravo!

Miranda said...

I have told so many people about Emolyn's shrill screech... they think it's awesome. She is such a funny little girl.

I definitely agree that vacation is the answer for everything... and something low key and easy will be so much fun for you guys.

I will definitely wish you luck with Costco.