Monday, May 25, 2009

Stuff, no pics

I know you all love to see photos of Emolyn, well all 6 of you who even look at the blog but alas today I have no photos. Not that any would compare to kelsies!
Just some quick notes on what I have been thinking about lately:
-go to bed earlier (starting after this blog)
-be in more pictures (i read an awesome post by the famed "pioneer woman" that she wrote about getting in the pictures with your kids. She said in 5 years you will look 5 years older and 10 years ago I thought I was ft but look at me now!) It was kind of an eye opener. I try to get out of pictures because I think I dont look good but I am only going to get worse so get in them now!
-read more, this is hard because I read at night which keeps me up late, see bullet #1
-should we have 2 kids or 3? Not time yet but 2 is sounding good and the 1 I have is easy. Here is my rational: If I have another girl, totally not worth risking a 3rd girl. that would put me over the edge. and if I have a boy then we have one of each and if I have 1 more than only 1 kid get someone like them that feels unfair. Michellis told me this story about a lady having 3 kids incase 1 died the other would have a sibling to help them cope. But i think the more kids you have the more your statistical risk increases that 1 may die. I am just saying. And finally at 3 you are outnumbered. there are more of them then there are grown ups. Just contemplating.
-Summer is looking busy. Or is it? Maybe just for the next month then like everything in AZ it will dry up.
-Should I take Emolyn to Mexico for girls vacation? I want to say yes because we will never be going in the city. we will be in a house on the secluded beach unexposed to any germs which may be swiny in nature. We are going in like 2 weeks. We will see...
-I wish more people would blog regularly. you know I dont always have time to read them all but I love to be updated. Know whats going on in their lives.
-I dont feel like I fully got to enjoy the Memorial Day sales today. Bummer.
To all a good night...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my eyes, you look great! You are lovely on both the inside and outside. Blessings to you! Love, Aunt Etna

brandi76 said...

Oh I know what you mean about the kid thing. Aaron was fine with 2 boys, that is why it took almost 5 years for the 3rd. But I would love another, because Zac is all alone now, and I didn't get a girl yet. :(

Definitly get in more pictures! Set the timer on your camera and just jump in!

AmyKristen said...

3 kids (at least)...you're such a good mom, Nicole. It would be a waste of your mothering abilities to only have 2 kids. I think you'd be able to handle 3...even 3 girls. :)

Angie in AZ said...

Girl, get kid #2 here first... I always wanted 4 and now I'm thankful God did not listen to me. My capacity was 2 and I knew it when I was pregnant with Max. Of course, you are MUCH younger than I was when I started having kids but still... And, with the sex of the child aside, it depends on what kind of kid you get or #2... so decide on the third AFTER you see what you get the second time around! LOL!

Jeannette's Blog said...

take it one at a time...that's my theroy.

Michelle Ellis said...

I like reading your blog. I am glad you are in our lives!
Michelle

Laura said...

I love watching your Pinkerton videos! Confession...they always make me cry a little, but in a good way. Healthy, happy children are such a blessing.

NanAZ said...

I always wanted at least 2 because I thought an only child would be so lonely (since I came from a family with 6 kids). We decided we would have 2 and then decide after that based on whether I had to work or not. I loved having 2 because we were always able to be sure that at least one of us parents could attend their activities. I would probably be concerned that a 3rd would create a dynamic of 1 feeling left out at any point in time. I've also heard the 3 is exponentially harder than 2. I vote for two, then decide from there.

As for photos of you...it's good advice for you to get in them. I have never felt like I was thin, but when I look back at pics from when I was your age I think I looked pretty good.

NanAZ said...

And your children will want pictures of you at any age, especially with them in the picture. It's just such a sweet memory to look back of photos of parents with their children at different stages.

Miranda said...

I am in favor of the 3... and its a good chance you'll have a boy next... so no fear on the having all girls. What Michellis said about 3 kids in case on died made me cry a little... I'm glad I'm a family of 3... I couldn't imagine my life if mom and dad had stopped at me.

Miss you terribly!! 3 weeks!

P.S. I don't understand why you don't like pictures of yourself. I think your gorgeous!!! Seriously!