Saturday, May 2, 2009

My first tutu

Still a work in progress but this last week I got Emolyn into the first tutu I made. It was a little tight, so we will have to go bigger for the next one. Stay tuned!

Emolyn is still feeling yucky. She has a cold and croup and i think all the mucus in her tummy is making her randomly throw up. so we are sort of dealing with a lot here! But she is so sad to watch. Such a pitiful little thing all stuffed up and coughing. Her cough does sound much better now and no more wheezing, but her oxygen level was great at the doctor. She tries to sleep and the cough wakes her up and her throat is sore so she cries, poor thing. I made her some gatorade popsicles and she likes those!
One benefit of Emolyn's illness is along with my mental health day off work last week I got off today to be her personal nurse. I haven't worked since tuesday. I could really get used to this no working thing!
Mothers day is fast approaching and I havent finished my gift plans. My mom is so hard to shop for. I feel like I am always finding things for Linda but my mom seems to be more difficult to find things for. Oh well, keep searching.
Wishing you all a Happy Mothers day week full of naps! Ha! I read in my parenting magazine these kids said what they wanted to get their moms and one girl said "a doll because all mommy has in bed with her is daddy" it was funny.

3 comments:

linda t said...

Aaaww.... Emolyn's first dress-up clothes! Love the tutu. You are the best Mom!

Soooo sad for little Emy. She's such a trooper.

Jeannette's Blog said...

I LOVE the tutu!!! Are you making it??? Cuz if you are I want to order one for Madison!!!!

Kristen said...

Hey not to be all "I have a better way" but I was just going to let you know that I used thin headbands for the waist and just tied the tulle onto that. They made it easy to get on and off. You can get a pack of 6 or 7 and they come in bright colors or neutrals.


oh yea I got them at walmart.

I so wish I could squeeze her! give her xoxo from us